Search This Blog

Wednesday 23 October 2019

Christianity?

I read the first edition if The Eve of St Eligius. Nearly all of the stories were good but I couldn't help noticing that many of them were written from a CHRISTIAN viewpoint - like Dream Honeymoon for instance: surely a succubus is a demon lifted straight from the Christian Bible? But the story that convinced me I must be right was The Contract of One Thousand. In this you have the hero saying 'In those days I was very firmly a non-believer...'

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what point you're making here. As it happens I'm not a Christian but neither am I a rabid atheist. I'm a simple agnostic. The protagonists of some of the stories have to be believers because of the nature of the stories. Nowhere is this more true than in THE CONTRACT OF ONE THOUSAND.

    ReplyDelete

We'll check this to make sure it's not spam or other rubbish. Your comment will be added soon if it's not.